For your relaxation and convenience, we have:
- The pool… a source of relaxation; and a very cool place to be.
2. Speed Bar – under cover, in the cool restaurant area. Everything from a wide variety of beers (including local craft beers), a choice of very special wines and spirits, to sodas, tea and coffee.
3. Restaurant: A source of excellent, often unusual cuisine, including local South African dishes, and spicy, Cape Malay fare.
At the Lodge, you will be served the best meat by far (including ostrich, beef-steaks, “game” and lamb shanks), fresh smoked snoek (barracuda); and also several types of goulash; (lamb, pork or ‘game’). (“Goulash” in South Africa, when cooked over open coals, in a black, three-legged pot, is called “potjie” – pronounced ‘poy-key’. “Game” is hunted antelope – oryx, springbok, kudu).
NOTE: Despite the emphasis on various meat dishes (a result of the demands of our regular guests), vegetarian- and Vegan diners will not be disappointed. Terina will produce an innovative, delicious dish which will dazzle the most ardent meat-avoider’s palate.
4. Our backyard “Landing field” – several hectares in which to land after a cross-country flight, to practice your ground-handling skills, or merely to walk around, visiting the fenced-off reservoir nearby, where several orphaned antelope are reared in safety, prior to being rehabilitated into the wild.
- Nights are usually (at least partly) spent looking at the Milky Way and other interesting southern-hemisphere space objects, using our own telescopes. Rob is usually on hand to answer questions; and to point out interesting southern-hemisphere stars, planets, galaxies and other astronomical objects.
- Specialised tours around the region’s Winelands… A local, knowledgeable (non-drinking) driver adds to the enjoyment of visiting the many wine farms which the region boasts.
- Horse-riding trips are available by appointment, for those who don’t fly, or who are perhaps “flown-out”…!
- Laundry service. (Usually ‘same-day’ turnaround)