For your relaxation and convenience, we have:
- The pool… a source of relaxation; and a very cool place to be.
- The Speed Bar – under cover, in the cool restaurant area. Everything from a wide variety of beers (including local craft beers), a choice of very special wines and spirits, to sodas, tea and coffee.
- Restaurant: A source of excellent, often unusual cuisine, including local dishes and spicy Cape Malay fare. The best meat by far (including ostrich, beef-steaks, “game” and lamb shanks), fresh, smoked fish (snoek) and (seasonal) grilled lobster; and even crocodile goulash (“goulash” here, when cooked over open coals in a black, three-legged pot, is called “potjie”).
- The backyard “landing field” – several hectares in which to practice your ground-handling skills, or merely to walk around, visiting the fenced-off reservoir, where several orphaned antelope are reared, prior to being rehabilitated into the wild.
- Nights are usually (at least partly) spent looking at the Milky Way and other interesting southern-hemisphere space objects, using our own telescopes. Rob is on hand to answer questions and point out interesting southern-hemisphere stars, planets and other objects.
- Laundry service. (Usually with same-day turnaround, if Flora is involved)
- Guiding around the Winelands… A local, knowledgeable (non-drinking) driver adds to the enjoyment of visiting the many wine farms which the region boasts.
- Horse-riding trips are available, for those who don’t fly, or who are perhaps “flown-out”…!